Friday 19 November 2010

Well, yes. Yes, it is.

I was telling the kids about interesting psych studies (you know, like you do), and came to a particularly famous one. I'm sure you're familiar with it-- a teacher told her class that the brown eyed children were smarter, prettier... you get the idea. Soon, the brown eyed children started acting like it, and treating all of the other kids horribly. There are many more details, but that's the gist of it.

So what did the kids say when I told them about this?

Neptune responded, "Oh. It's like what happened with Black people before Martin Luther King Jr."

I have never, ever been so impressed with anything a child has said. What a magnificent, thoughtful mental leap.

1 comment:

  1. I wish everyone was that perceptive. Myself included, sometimes!

    ReplyDelete