Thursday 15 April 2010

How Cover Letters Should Be

Dear Potential Employer,

We all know you're just going to skim this, and go right to the resume, but I just want to throw out there-- I would rock at this job. I am GOOD at working with children. I think they're funny; they think I'm funny. Really, it's a match made in heaven!

Oh, and did I mention how much I like CRAFTS? Glue! Glitter! Paint! Crayons! Clay! Bring it on-- I am so ready.

Imagination! I LOVE imagination!

And, yeah, I can mediate disputes and teach cooperation and sharing and all that jazz. I'm warm and loving, absolutely, but I have certain expectations for behaviour, and I expect those to be obeyed.

I cook. I bake. I love virtually all animals. I am not afraid of dirt, snot, etc.

I am your GIRL, employer! Think how lucky you would be to have me!

Awaiting my job offer,


Blythe

No comments:

Post a Comment