Monday 12 November 2012

Brave

Last week, I got to witness two people, in separate situations, be brave.

It wasn't the kind of bravery you normally think of-- no cliff jumping, deep sea diving, or rescuing of babies and puppies from burning buildings. It wasn't a physical sort of brave, instead, it was the kind that wrapped itself around my heart.

Both of these women-- ladies who I liked before, but whom I respect and admire even more now-- opened themselves up.

That's the only way I can really describe it. They shared parts of themselves that were private and personal, made themselves vulnerable, were truly open and honest.

There is no avoiding it: when you choose to do that, you do so with the knowledge that others' views of you may change. In fact, it is almost unavoidable. In some way or another, people will think of you differently.

I do.

I think they are brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment