Tuesday 27 August 2013

The EOSSH

Currently I am working on putting together the End of Summer Scavenger Hunt. Now in its 8th year, the EOSSH is a full day scavenger hunt involving an assortment of challenges, costumes, foods, and problem solving, depending on the year. Organizing each one takes approximately 10-15 hours, which means I will have spent close to 100 hours working on these after this year's. Wow. As all of these hours are after work (after all, the kids can't see what I am doing, or the who,e thing is ruined), this labour of love turns me into a "volunteer" scavenger hunt organizer, of sorts. I have so much for organizing them, though, and the kids have so much fun doing them, that it all works out.

And that, I think, is about as much as I can say about that for now. After all,I wouldn't want the scavengers to get any hints, now would I? And while they don't read this blog. One never knows if they will suddenly begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment