I'm sitting in the kitchen, drinking mulled wine, listening to Christmas music, and tending a fire. My brother and Dad are off traveling (currently in Oman, and having a wonderful time of it), and my mom, grandmother, sister and I are kicking off the Christmas season in style (please see the reference to mulled wine).
And yes, I am thankful. For so many things. I would list them all, but I think that would get a bit saccharine for everyone's taste, especially mine. Therefore, I will simply list five-- not the top five, not a random five, just five.
1. My wonderful family-- they are hilarious, fun, and up for just about anything.
2. My glorious friends at college and around the world. We bake, go to parties, travel together, take care of each other, and laugh an awful lot.
3. The opportunities I have had-- to live abroad, travel extensively, study abroad, go to college, etc.
4. My health, and the health of those I care about.
5. The Most Wonderful Job in the World-- I am so fortunate to be able to spend my summers nannying for two fantastic kids, and of course to see them at other times of the year as well. They crack me up, occasionally (often) confuse me, and I love them dearly.
I hope you are having a truly lovely Thanksgiving, eating lots of delicious food, and getting to spend time with those you care for.