Saturday 26 March 2011

Warm and Fuzzy

Yesterday, I went into the "girls' dressing room" (read: the music room) to do an energy warm up and give the girls a pep talk before their final performance. I couldn't stay long, but was eager to cheer them on. We all participated in a rousing rendition of shay shay koolay (srsly. I'll post a video. Just as soon as I figure out how to film myself, and then edit the video... So, never).

After said warm up, I was catching my breath and gathering my stuff to leave, when a woman got my attention. "You're great!" she said. "Are you a teacher?" My response was some garbled approximation of "No, not yet! Someday soonish, though!" And then... then she told me I would be a great teacher.

I'm not sure why it made me feel so warm and fuzzy. I don't know this woman from Adam (Eve?), and yet I was so touched by her words.

The thing is, I really hope to be a great teacher. And it's always nice to hear someone else say it's a real possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment