It IS good news, and believe me, I'm thankful for it.
I've been told that the recommendation of Dr. Jacobs (ultrasound guy) is to wait six months, and then check on Burt and Cleveland. Dr. Boyd, my primary care doctor, is out of the office until Monday. When she gets back, she'll call me and let me know if she agrees or not.
So that is good.
It feels weird to wait six months. I believe them that there is nothing to be worried about at present, but I also don't want to just let Burt and Cleveland chill in my body for another six months. It's distracting now, I don't think I could handle it for that long.
And let's say I DO wait for six months. Six months is in September, when I am a) in school and b) working on my thesis. I can't be in Seattle when I go to school in California, and Thesis is going to be Time Consuming. If it is something dastardly, even mildly dastardly, even just easy-surgery dastardly, I'd rather deal with it now. And I mean, if they have to be removed surgically anyway, why put it off?
So I made an appointment with a Dr. West in the area, have had my records faxed over to him, and will be popping into his office next Thursday to get another opinion. And let's be honest, if he offered to take a scalpal to my body that very day, I'd take him up on it.
I want these little buggers gone!
But I am very, very thankful that nobody seems particularly concerned by this.