Sunday 26 June 2011

If you're happy and you know it... You're a feminist!

Oh, friends.

Sometimes I just have moments that make me feel like the children actually do listen to me, and internalise what I say.

Part of that time, it scares the beejesus out of me. The other part of the time, I'm terribly proud. This was one of those times.

Neptune recently checked out two copies of Sports Illustrated for Kids from the local library. He was flipping through it, looking at pictures of all sorts of different people playing a variety of sports. Then he handed me the magazine, open to this page:




I skimmed it, and Neptune explained: "I like that it shows a girl doing sports. A lot of sports magazines don't, but this one does. Which is good, because, you know. Girls do sports too."

And the children will lead us.

No comments:

Post a Comment