Saturday 25 June 2011

Startin' 'em Young

If you've been to college... or happened by a college... or ever heard of college... I'm sure you have heard of beer pong. Beer pong is a game played with red plastic cups, a table, a ping pong ball and, of course, beer. The layout looks like this:
Q: What's wrong with this picture?
A: The cups aren't red!


The aim is for Team A (or Person A) to throw their ping pong ball into one of Team B's cups. Then Team B must drink the beer in that cup before they get a turn to throw the ping pong ball at Team B's cup. (For the record, I never played beer pong in college. My lack of hand-eye coordination, combined with my lack of desire/ability to drink large amounts of beer would have been a miserable combination.)

Ok, got that?

So, the other day, I was helping out at Neptune's second grade class party. One of the games was an outdoor version of tic-tac-toe. 9 red cups were set up in a square, and filled halfway with water. Each kid had to throw ping pong balls into the cups, trying to get three in row. It looked for all the world like a second grade version of beer pong. It only get better when Neptune told me he'd gotten "blackout" (ie a ping pong ball in each cup).

Oh, young friend, I thought. That happens in the college version too.


Also at this party, I discovered I could hula hoop. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment