Sunday 1 January 2012

Resolutions

The beginning of the year is always a time for resolutions. I've found I do best with a short list of very specific goals that are easy to carry out (eg: Stop eating meat). I struggle with "be more organised" or "be healthier." But specifics? Those set me up for success. So with that in mind...

1. No more disposable cups. Not from Subway, not from Starbucks, not from the water cooler in the corner of the room. None. I have an insulted cup I love, and I've ordered a "cold drink tumbler" from Amazon, so I should be set. I'll just use those over and over (and over and over) again, and never have to throw away another cup. Hurray! And if I forget to bring them? Well, how often does one really NEED a cup of coffee or a fountain drink? For me, the answer is: never.

2. No disposable cutlery. In my stocking I received a little set of bamboo utensils-- fork, spoon, knife, and chopsticks. I'm prepared for anything!

3. Do one "special activity" with my sister every week. I get busy, and don't make this a priority. This year, I will. It could be watching a movie, playing cards, baking something, or eating lunch together. Every week that we are both in town, we will do at least one special activity.

4. Learn how to take higher quality photographs. This is certainly a more general one, but I hope I'll be able to muddle through anyway. I just bought a Canon Rebel EOS T2i, and I've LOVED experimenting with it so far. I'm hoping to learn a lot over the course of the next year (and the rest of my life).

5. Publish at least two blog posts every week.



What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment