Wednesday 9 May 2012

Conversations with Clover and Neptune

Clover: "...and when I go to Scripps, I can take classes at the other schools! Like at Pitzer, and Claremont McKenna, and... It's not called Mud Bay, is it?"
Me: "No."
Clover: "What is it called?"
Me: "Harvey Mudd."
Clover: "Oh. Mud Bay is a dog store, isn't it?"
Me: "Yes."
Clover: "Not that."




Neptune: "Hey, so at school today--"
Me: "Hold on one sec, I need to finish this text to Ruby about picking you up from school."
Neptune: "Oh, ok.

Three seconds later

Neptune: "Would it be ok if---"
Me: "Neptune! Please! This will only take me a couple more seconds."
Neptune: "Oh, yeah. Sorry."

Half a second later:

Neptune: "Did you ever notice that these socks--"
Me (laughing): "NEPTUNE! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!
Neptune: "Ok! Ok! I'm sorry!"

Two seconds later:

Me: "Ok! I'm ready. What's up?"
Neptune: "I forget."

No comments:

Post a Comment