Monday 1 March 2010

NOT one of my shining moments

Let me preface this by saying... I'm really a lot smarter than this post makes me sound. And so is Aslan! But the story is so funny that I thought I had to share it.

This happened last year around this time, and we were just reminiscing about it today at lunch.

Aslan, Wednesday and I were eating lunch, discussing Wednesday's upcoming 21st birthday. Amid the excitement, we were also slightly disappointed that one's 21st birthday is the last of the "exciting" ones. One of us (Aslan or I) commented that it would be nice if every multiple of 3 be some sort of big event.

"Yeah," Wednesday said, "So that would be our 24th."

There was a long silence as Aslan and I, seated on either side of her, counted silently in our heads, "20...23...26...29"

Suddenly, at the same time, we both got it. "OHhhhhh!!" we cried. It came together in our heads... 8x3=24.

And that, my friend, is how multiples work.

Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment