Saturday 27 February 2010

Day... Oh no!

I was awfully good about doing the 25 days of random, wasn't I? I mean, I did all 25... not necessarily in a timely fashion, but it was FAR more timely than the way I usually blog. I decided to engage in the 25 days of random in order to give myself a boost, as it were-- force myself to write a little and actually get this blog back on its feet. And it worked... sort of. I mean, I DID write (hurrah!), but I am having no easier time thinking of topics to write about than I was BEFORE the 25 days of random. For now, today, I'll write about a fun week that is coming up... after that, I'll try to think of some actual topics to address. Deal?

My friends, there are so many wonderful things about college- and certainly I'll talk about some of the others later- but what I choose to address right now is Spring Break. Ah, please don't doubt my dedication to academics, but do appreciate all that spring break is: It is a chance to spend time doing Precisely What One Wants for a week in the middle of an otherwise busy semester. If you plan it quite carefully, there is no need to do school work at all! Instead, you can hang out with your family, friends, or get some peaceful one-on-one time, knowing that there are no meetings to go to, no papers to turn in, and no classes to attend. It is what we call Bliss, friends: sheer bliss.

My first year, Polka Dot and I went on a roadtrip through Arizona, spending time in Phoenix, Tombstone (heh), the Grand Canyon, and of course on our friend's ranch. It was delightful. My sophomore and junior years I returned to my family's home to spend time with them, PNW friends, and "my" kids. This year, I'm going no where. Why, you may ask? Because I LIVE in an area where people go on holiday! It would be silly not to take advantage of it, don't you think?

So for the first part of spring break, my friends and I are going to explore Disneyland, the Getty, Santa Monica, Old Town Pasadena, the beach, Hollywood, and the Venice Boardwalk. There will be so many adventures in places that are so close but that we rarely have time to appreciate.

And THEN? Well, THEN (the second weekend of Spring Break), we are heading down to San Diego for a weekend long bachelorette party for my dear friend Aslan, who is marrying her wonderful fiance, Hanz, in July. (There's something to be said for being the first of your friends to marry-- we are SUPER into the idea of a weekend-long bachelorette party.) The weekend will feature feminist drinks (strong, sweet, and pretty), beach time, a hot tub, and delicious Mexican food-- not to mention some of the most delightful people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing!

Yes, it will be an excellent spring break indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment