Monday 27 May 2013

Bachelorette Party I



From a couple of weeks ago


Holy weekend, friends! Left to my own devices, I tend to schedule some downtime in, for strategic sleeping/rejuvenating purposes. This weekend? Yeah, notsomuch.

I spent Friday evening with a lovely group of ladies from school, and we worked on our presentation for next Saturday. And by "worked on our presentation" I mean "talked about boys and cats, and drank wine." It was calm, and lovely, and wonderful. And we even got some work done-- bonus points.

Saturday included class from 8-5, which was only bearable because of some of my classmates. It was a long day, kids. But! Post-class, I headed off to Seattle for Lacies bachelorette party! Lacie is a friend of mine from school (we were at her home on Friday), and getting to know her has been a major silver lining of this whole jumping-through-hoops academic experience. Good people, that one.

We spent the evening drinking cocktails, playing games, and laughing. It was a delight. Lacie's BFF organised it all, and did a fantastic job. The next morning involved a room service breakfast and SUN! A rare enough occurrence for us. Maybe that is why we woke up at 7? Oy.



After a short recovery period (ie a shower) and lunch/dinner in Fremont with Lacie and her Fiancé, I whisked Clover and Panda away for the much-anticipated Bryan Stars Tour Concert. Aaand, because we had VIP tickets, the evening started out with a meet and greet with All The Bands! And Late Nite Reading remembered the girls from last time! And Drake Christopher was there! And so was Her Bright Skies! And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you either (a) have not spoken to me in the last 24 hours or (b) are not part of the teen girl cult following! Geez, it's like you have never even heard of YouTube. What is this, 1997?

I got home at about 11 last night, just in time for bedtime before I had to be at work at 7 this morning.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment