Thursday 2 May 2013

Wait, what?

I saw a bumper sticker this morning that said this:
To which I can only ask... Wait. What?

I mean, look. I'm passionately pro-choice. I think it's a woman's (or couple's) decision, and I really encourage you to do what is right for you/your family, whether that is carrying a pregnancy to term or choosing to terminate it.

But even if I didn't believe that, I'm pretty sure you are still "pregnant" whether it is with a zygote, embryo, fetus, or, sure, a baby.

Or, following their logic through, if I'm pregnant with, say, an embryo... and I believe it to be any embryo, not a "baby" yet... then, by this logic, I'm not pregnant. Woohoo! Free from all potentially challenging moral issues!

I've seen a lot of bumper stickers for all sorts of different political/social issues that get me all lathered up in a righteous froth. This is not one of them, however. This one, I just find very puzzling.

No comments:

Post a Comment