Tuesday 7 May 2013

I found this...

...when I was glancing through my"blogs in progress" file. I wrote it while the kids, their grandparents, and I were en route to Montana. Just reading through it brought me back to that place of content.

Sigh.




Right now, right this very moment, I can say that there is nowhere else I would rather be. I'm in a large Suburban, confidently piloted by Clover and Neptune's grandfather. Their grandmother sits next to him, playing Solitaire on her phone.

And I'm in the backseat with Clover and Neptune, their long legs crossing my lap, their heads pillowed in puffy winter coats. They are sleeping, or dozing, or trying to. The world is slipping fluidly by outside, the darkness parting for our headlights, the snow reflecting their glow.

We have been reading A Christmas Carol. It is peaceful, quiet, warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment