Sunday 5 May 2013

EVERY DAY IN MAY?!

Well, let's try it, shall we? I mean, May is only the most HORRENDOUSLY BUSY MONTH EVER, so trying to fit in a little daily blogging shouldn't too bad.

Oy.

I missed Day 1 (the story of my life in 250 words)
And I missed Day 2 (Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at)
But I DID blog on those two days, so that counts for something, right? 

And then I blogged on Friday, so that should count for something. Not about "things that make me uncomfortable," but it still. It was blogging.

(Side note: Things that make me uncomfortable: When people in a position of authority do/say things that I am not in a position to correct, but that I find offensive. For example, saying something is "so gay" or "so retarded." No excuse to say it, but I can't correct them because of my position. Arrrghh the agony.)

But SATURDAY. Which I am also writing on FRIDAY, because I'll be busy all of Saturday.

Favourite quote: For anyone who has met me in real life, or read this blog for more than 2.5 minutes, you already know it. But I'll share it anyway, just in case:

Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. 

I'm not going to ruin it by explaining it to death. Just... think about it. Internalise it. 


2 comments:

  1. Hmm sometime I'd like to to have a conversation with you about the phrase "so retarded." Not to debate anything. I just think we'd have some good thoughts to throw around regarding phrases people say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fun! I'm always interested in hearing what other people have to say on this subject.

      Delete