Thursday 27 October 2011

22 Things I've Done

This post is part of Mama Kat's weekly Writer's Workshop. Oh, how I love a good excuse to make a list!

1. I have been skydiving over the Gold Coast of Australia

2. I have been to 22 different countries (ok, that's if you count generously-- do you consider the Vatican its own country? It has its own postage....)

3. I've ridden an elephant in Thailand

4. I partook in wine tasting in the South of France

5. I went to a RIDICULOUS concert (Ke-dolla sign-ha), and had a simply marvellous time

6. I've graduated from college

7. I've lived in 13 different houses and apartments (dorm rooms not included)

8. I have dressed as a peacock for Halloween, complete with feathers down the back of my dress.

9. Gave my mother two Russian tortoises as a birthday present one year.

10. I've had the same chocolate cake every year for my birthday since I turned 10. (The only exception being the year I turned 17-- I couldn't find the electric beaters.)

11. The one year I DIDN'T make that cake (a delicious recipe that involves things like baking chocolate and sour cream), I made a box cake mix... and totally messed it up. I've never messed up the other cake. Go figure.

12. I once ran into a girl from I knew from Scripps in a club in Cambridge. Neither of us knew the other was even in Europe.

13. I went to school with the same girl in middle school in Taiwan (each grade had about 30 students) and in college in California (each graduating class had about 230 students). What are the odds?

14. I once had a handbag shaped like a teapot. It was pretty useless, because the opening was so small, but it was very cute!

15. Over my lifetime, I've had 3 dogs, 3 cats, 2 tortoises, 2 hedgehogs, at least 4 hamsters, 1 rabbit, countless fish, two mice, a guinea pig, and a salamander. This is NOT counting my brother's and mom's pets-- 2 snakes, more fish, 1 toad, 1 lizard, 1 hedgehog, and 2 tortoises. These were not all at the same time, of course.

16. I once got stuck in a tree in the middle of a river due to poor canoe-steering.

17. I rode a camel around at Uluru (Ayer's Rock). His name was Jiles.

18. I had a season pass to Disneyland for 3 years.

19. I have gotten truly, horrifically, divinely lost in my own town more times than I would care to admit.

20. I went to two preschools (Mexico and Indiana), two elementary schools (Indiana and Colorado), two middle schools (Colorado and Taiwan), and two high schools (Taiwan and Washington)... but I graduated from the same college I started at!

21. For whatever reason, several of my "friend groups" have had names. The "primary club" in 4th-ish grade, the RTS in high school, and the Moose in college. There have also been many un-titled groups, of course.

22. I've known the children I nanny for for about 5 1/2 years now. We've had many good adventures, both at home and afield. Our farther-flung adventures include Disneyland, Hawaii, Cancun, Montana (including Yellowstone and llama trekking), and soon another adventure, which I will write about after the fact!

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I am totally jealous of all the places you've been. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been to many places! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete