Saturday 29 October 2011

Stash o' Candy

I love candy. I LOVE it. I could eat it all day, every day. Chocolate! Sour Patch Kids! Swedish Fish! BRING IT ON!

Or, at least, that's what I seem to think. When faced with a candy-buying opportunity, I am Entirely Convinced that I love candy, and will be So Happy with some in my life. I'll cheerfully buy a treat or two (or more, if it's on sale), and tuck it away in my handbag, eagerly awaiting that beautiful moment when I will sink my teeth into a big delicious bite.

And there the candy bar stays. I carry it around in my purse for a while, only to find it later on a purse-cleaning mission. Then I pull it out, happily considering the delight ahead. Still pleased with myself for making the truly excellent decision to purchase this product, I lovingly place it in The Bag. And there, my friends, it stays. For the rest of its edible life, the candy will reside in this bag. Oh, sure, some will be fished out and eaten eventually (I was just able to indulge a craving for a Milky Way because of this very bag, which is what began this post in the first place)... but most of it? Most just... sits there. The bag must weigh four or five pounds by now.

The only conclusion I can draw here is this:

I LOVE candy-- but I love storing it far more than I like eating it. The potential of candy-- it's a delicious prospect.


1 comment:

  1. You know, these sound like hoarder philosophies... :)

    ReplyDelete