Tuesday 11 October 2011

Did you hear the Hallelujah chorus?

I'm sure you must have heard it, it was echoing through the hills all of yesterday afternoon. The angels sang, rainbows stretched across the heavens, and flowers bloomed bright and unseasonal across all fields and in sidewalk cracks. Given the unlikely nature of these events, it is certain that you observed them. Did you realise the reason behind them, though?

I'd be happy to clear up the confusion.

Over the weekend, I got some long sleeve shirts for Clover to consider. She has very specific tastes (as do many of us, to be fair), and it is not always clear to the rest of us what those tastes entail. Still, our shopping experience together had not resulted in many shirts that she would wear (ie, we got ONE), so I struck out on my own. I bought five shirts and one sweater, and every single one met with her approval. Two shirts had to be returned due to their size (she's itty bitty, the shirts weren't itty bitty enough), but stylistically, all were acceptable.

She looked at the shirts, and looked at me. "It's just... it's hard to believe that you picked these out."

"Gee, thanks."

"No! No, that's not what I meant. I meant... normally when other people choose clothes for me, I don't like it that much."

Whatever. I'm counting it as a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment